The 2013 Constitution of the Republic of Fiji requires the Fijian Elections Office [FEO] to carry out a free and fair election in line with international best practices in accordance with the legal framework in place.
The FEO acknowledges the presence of the media during the electoral process as they play an important role in keeping everyone updated.
As such, all media organisations and freelance journalists locally, regionally and internationally that wish to report on the 2018 General Election must be registered with the Media Industry Development Authority of Fiji [MIDA] prior to applying for accreditation with the FEO.
For this you can visit: http://www.mida.org.fj/about-us/
Once approval is granted from MIDA you are then required to submit the following to FEO:
- A completed 2018 Media Accreditation Form (one (1) for Each Applicant)
- One (1) colored digital photograph (35 x 45mm) of the Applicant. This must be taken with a white coloured background as it will be used on the Accreditation Badge.
- A copy of the Certificate of Registration from MIDA.
A copy of the List of approved Applicants will be submitted to FEO by MIDA.
You can submit your application to the following addresses:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand Delivered: 59-63 High Street Toorak, Suva.
For any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
Forms for Media