The Job Description for the position includes information on the salary range payable, the purpose and duties of the position, performance indicators for measuring success, and details on the Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to perform the role. You should study this document carefully. Your application must address your suitability for the position as described. Your application will be assessed against your stated Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities [KESA] for the position.
All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office must meet the following standards:
- Be eligible for employment in Fiji;
- Have a clear police record;
- Be in good health and able to undertake the requirements of the position (a medical certificate may be required for the selected applicant);
- Be politically neutral. The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be, active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment. All applicants for employment must SIGN AND RETURN THE DECLARATION OF POLITICAL NEUTRALITY with their application. Applications submitted without the declaration will NOT be considered further.
WHAT YOU SHOULD SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
To ensure that your application is given due consideration, we request that you submit the following documents as your application:
- Your completed Application Form;
- Your Declaration and Authorisation Form;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, which should be no more than 3 pages in length and which includes the names of two recent referees who can be contacted to confirm your employment and claims made in your application. One of your referees should be a current or recent supervisor.
- A covering letter
- Copy of your birth certificate,
- Certified copy of you academic qualification and transcripts.
- Certified copies of FNPF and TIN letter
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to bring supporting documents such as their original birth certificate, original qualifications and certificates and academic transcripts to their interview.
- Any offer of employment will be conditional upon production of a recent police clearance and medical certificate. Police clearances must be dated after the date of interview. These costs are not reimbursable. These documents are not required for submission with your application.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
A separate application must be submitted for each position that you are interested in. The preferred method for submission of applications is through the secure email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position Name, Reference Number and your Name listed in the Subject of the email. Applications must be received in our mail server by 4 pm on 27 October 2017. You will receive an electronic receipt for your application. Alternatively, applicants who do not have access to email may submit their application through mail or to a specially provided locked box at our HQ in Toorak, Suva. Applications submitted through this method will receive a written acknowledgement, within 3 weeks of the closing date of applications. Applications should be in an envelope, clearly marked:
“PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, APPLICATION FOR JOB POSITION NUMBER / APPLICANT’S NAME, FIJIAN ELECTIONS OFFICE.
|Applications by post:
“Application for Job Positions”
Supervisor of Elections
PO Box 2528,
“Application for Job Positions”
Fijian Elections Office
59-63 High Street
Closing date for applications is 4.00pm, 27 October 2017
We expect to Short-list applicants by 3 November 2017.
We expect to commence interviews in November 2017
We expect to make appointments before 31 December 2017 and have applicants take up duty as soon as possible thereafter.