Information Package for Applicants
Thank you for your interest in a position in the Fijian Elections Office. This information package includes:
- Eligibility criteria for all applicants
- Information on what to submit with your application
- Information on how to submit your application and how receipt of your application will be confirmed
- Key Dates for the application and selection process
- An Application Form for completion by all applicants
- A Declaration and Authorisation form for completion by all applicants. PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE THIS DECLARATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FURTHER.
The Job Description [JD] for the position includes information on the salary range payable, the purpose and duties of the position, performance indicators for measuring success, and details on the Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to perform the role. You should study this document carefully. Your application must address your suitability for the position as described. Your application will be assessed against your stated Qualification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position.
All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office must meet the following standards:
- Be eligible for employment in Fiji;
- Have a clear police record;
- Be in good health and able to undertake the requirements of the position (a medical certificate may be required for the selected applicant);
- Be politically neutral. The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be, active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment. All applicants for employment must SIGN AND RETURN THE DECLARATION OF POLITICAL NEUTRALITY with their application. Applications submitted without the declaration will NOT be considered further.
WHAT YOU SHOULD SUBMIT WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
To ensure that your application is given due consideration, we request that you submit the following documents as your application:
- Your completed Application Form;
- Your Declaration and Authorisation Form;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, which should be no more than 3 pages in length and which includes the names of two recent referees who can be contacted to confirm your employment and claims made in your application. One of your referees should be a current or recent supervisor.
- A covering letter
- An Application Letter which includes a brief statement of how you meet the required knowledge, experience, skills and abilities for the position. (refer below)
- Copy of your birth certificate,
- Certified copy of you academic qualification and transcripts.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to bring supporting documents such as their original birth certificate, original qualifications and certificates and academic transcripts to their interview.
- Any offer of employment will be conditional upon production of a recent police clearance and medical certificate. Police clearances must be dated after the date of interview. These costs are not reimbursable. These documents are not required for submission with your application.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION:
A separate application must be submitted for each position that you are interested in. The preferred method for submission of applications is through the secure email address: email@example.com with the Position Name, Reference Number and your Name listed in the Subject of the email. Applications must be received in our mail server by 4pm on 02 March 2018. You will receive an electronic receipt / reference number for your application. Please keep this number as you will need to provide us with your reference number in any queries you have with your application.
Alternatively, applicants who do not have access to email may submit their application through mail or to a specially provided locked box at our HQ in Toorak, Suva. Applications submitted through this method will receive a written acknowledgement, within 2 weeks of the closing date of applications. Applications should be in an envelope, clearly marked:
“PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL, APPLICATION FOR POSITION NUMBER / APPLICANT’S NAME, FIJIAN ELECTIONS OFFICE.
|Applications by Post:
“Application for Position (Name):___”
Supervisor of Elections
PO Box 2528
“Application for Position (Name)____”
Fijian Elections Office
59-63 High Street
Closing date for applications – 4.00pm, 02 March 2018
We expect to Short-list applicants by 09 March 2018.
We expect to commence interviews from 16 March 2018.
We expect to make appointments before 30 April 2018 and have applicants take up duty as soon as possible thereafter.