Our mission as Fiji’s election management body is to implement internationally recognized election best practices in accordance with the law; effectively regulate political parties; and, efficiently register eligible Fijians to ensure that we deliver the highest quality of election services under the supervision of The Electoral Commission.
Our vision is to be recognised as a professional institution that conducts fair and credible elections broadly representing the will of the Fijian people.
Proposed Guiding Principles
- Right to vote – Every citizen over the age of 18 years has the right to vote by secret ballot.
- One person, one vote, one value- Every voter has one vote, with each vote of being equal value.
- A credible single National Register of Voters- Every registered voter shall be listed on a single National Register of Voters.
- Independence, Impartiality and Neutrality – The Fijian Elections Office is an independent body and shows no preference in either speech or action for any individual candidate or political party.
- Excellence in Service Delivery – Provide highest quality of electoral services to all Fijians in a professional, effective and timely manner.
- Good Governance – The Fijian Elections Office values accountability, honesty, integrity and transparency in all its transactions and will ensure that all legislative disclosures are properly and adequately done.
- Participation – Empowering every Fijian to take ownership of the election through active involvement.
- Innovation – strive towards continuous, innovative and practical solutions to contribute toward the evolution of electoral practises in Fiji.
- Verifiability- In Elections, to mechanise FEO’s processes so that given the same data and assumption, an independent and impartial Observer can produce the same results.
Proposed Strategic Pillars
- Upholding the Legal Framework in delivering the Election.
- Strengthening the FEO’s Institutional and Human Capacity.
- Delivering Election operations based on thorough planning and research.
- Strengthening electoral participation through effective outreach and engagement programs.
- Adapting the latest and current technologies to enhance the efficiency of the delivery of FEO Objectives.